How To Make Your Website Work Better
I’ll cut to the chase on this one.
Your website could be the difference between someone giving you money and someone giving their money to a competitor instead.
People will check out your socials before making a buying decision, sure, but they’re also likely to check out your website.
Effective web design guides users toward conversion at every click. Expertly placed prompts map the next logical step to ensure users take ACTION.
There’s no point having a website that nobody can find. There’s no point having a website where users don’t know what to do. And there’s no point having a website that looks rubbish on a mobile.
For a lot of businesses, somewhere along the way, websites got forgotten about.
So here are my five top website tips, in no particular order:
1. Choose decent hosting rather than the cheapest.
Cheap hosting usually means slow hosting. No one likes a website that takes a long time to load – people won’t, Google won’t.
2. Ensure it looks just as good on a mobile as it does on a desktop. If images and text are misaligned or it’s hard to navigate, that’s business lost.
For example, if you have a long webpage, do you have a ‘scroll back to the top’ button or do people have to scroll and scroll manually?
3. People buy people, so milk your About page like it’s a prize-winning cow. Who you are and why you do what you do = compelling stuff.
Good quality photos of you and your team too. No stock imagery of Americans sat in a boardroom blinding you with their teeth.
4. Make it clear what you want people to do. You want them to book a call? Great – focus on that and don’t bombard them with other choices.
Buttons to book everywhere rather than a needle in a haystack.
5. Offer something of value to capture the data of people who aren’t yet ready to get in touch. This, combined with ad retargeting, exponentially increases the odds of a prospect becoming a lead.
As ever, if you want to chat, book a free consultation.
Until next time, stay hungry.
Apply for your free Consultation
What’s a Consultation?
This is a zoom call where you tell us about your business goals and we see what Codebreak can do to help.
We’ll discuss what’s been working well for you when it comes to yiour digital marketing, and what hasn’t cut the mustard. An informal but productive chat about growing and scaling your business.
All with our ‘No Pitch Promise’.
If there’s a good fit, you can arrange a more in-depth convo, over Zoom or at Codebreak HQ.